While most homeowners spend time dusting their woodwork and cleaning the windows, it’s easy to forget about the parts of your home that you can’t see. When was the last time your home’s air ducts were cleaned out? If your answer was about three to five years ago, you might consider adding air duct cleaning to your to-do list this summer.
Air Duct Cleaning
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) suggests that air ducts be cleaned out every three to five years. However, this time frame can change based on a few different factors. It can be difficult to determine when it’s time to have your air ducts cleaned.
Some good questions to ask yourself include:
- Do you think there may be mold in your air ducts?
- Have noticed an increased number of dust mites around your house?
- Did you recently complete construction on your house?
- Did you recently purchase a new home? If so, do you know the last time the air ducts were cleaned?
- Do you have pets that shed frequently?
- Do you or your family members struggle with allergies or asthma?
If you still aren’t sure whether your air ducts need to be cleaned out, the easiest way is to take a look and see if you notice any mold, dust or vermin. If so, it’s time to call a professional air duct cleaning service. We recommend reviewing a list of the NADCA approved professionals.
Original Source: http://www.ac-heatingconnect.com/homeowners/air-duct-cleaning/